REVIEW & SWATCH: Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous in 115 Buff Beige


Hi there! Happy New Year!! I'm gonna start my year with a review of my recent purchase, the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. I got interested to try it out because I saw this particular foundation in a monthly favorites, says that it is great for oily and combination skin gals. 

I have read from their website that this liquid foundation is oil-free formula provides medium coverage to even skin tone and cover imperfections. The result is a flawless, natural look that lasts all day.


The built-in powder system fights against shine, pulling oil and sweat AWAY from your face instead of trapping them under your foundation. 



Price: Php495 (30ml)
Shade: 115 Buff Beige
Bought at: The SM Store (watsons)




It claims to last all day, blends easily and prevents shine.

INGREDIENTS:


PACKAGING:

It comes in a squeezable plastic tube. Very light weight that you can carry around in your makeup pouch when travelling.



I got the shade 115 Buff Beige which is the second lightest shade from the line. There are 6 shades available. The consistency is slightly thick, creamy. It has a slight yellow undertone. Perfect shade for me.

One layer of foundation. No concealer.

It pretty much evened out my skin, but my acne scars still peeks through. Coverage is light to medium. It feels very light, felt like you don't have liquid foundation on, a big thumbs up! It has a matte finish, not sticky and blends easily using a flat top kabuki brush, I used Artist Studio angled flat top brush. I tried to blend it with hands but it doesnt work for me, dark scars are more visible, using a brush helps to build up the foundation to areas that I needed more coverage. I noticed that it sinks in my pores thus emphasizes it more also the dry patches on my face. I tried it with Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser and it helps to minimize pores together they worked great, the foundation clings better on my skin and added a little more coverage.


Noticed that the dark undereye on the area without primer is more visible. You cannot see here in the photo but the foundation sinked in my pores. Primer is must if you have problems with pores like me.

Application: 


Used orange corrector to help hide the dark scars.


Finished look, Ugh...stubborn dark scars...some are still visible.



After 6 Hours



First of all what I love about this foundation is that it is light weight, it's perfect for days that it's hot and humid outside and you don't want to feel sticky and uncomfortable all day. It's great if you just want to even out your skin tone and doesn't need to cover pimple scars. It kept me matte for a good 6hours in an airconditioned room. I have combination skin so it worked well in holding up oil on my t-zone. When I tried it on a hot day it holds up shine up to 3 hours, it will not last all day but it's good up to 5 hours when you wear it outside commuting on a humid weather of the philippines. Overall I like this foundation, it doesn't look heavy on my face making it  my go to everyday foundation from now on.

Final verdict: 

Pros:
✔️ Matte finish
✔️ Light weight looks natural
✔️ Light to medium coverage
✔️ Buildable coverage
✔️ Blends easily
✔️ Holds shine up to 3 hours
✔️ Perfect everyday foundation

Cons:
✔️ Emphasizes pores and dry patches



Comments