Jordana Complete Cover 2-in-1 Concealer & Foundation



I am that type of person who wakes up for makeup but there are times that I have those lazy days, I skip what I can skip in makeup and most of the time I skip concealer. Then finally! I was thrilled when I found out about this 2 in 1 product Jordana cosmetics have.

Jordana complete cover 2in1 concealer and foundation claims to give you full to maximum coverage, can be used all over the face as foundation or for concealing dark under eyes and scars.
What it claims:
  • Max full coverage
  • Oil-free formula
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Blurs the look of flaws
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Made in USA

Price: Php349
Shade: 03 Golden Beige
Where you can find it: The SM store, Watsons

•••PACKAGING•••





Plastic tube with twistable cap. Light weight, easy to bring with you in your makeup kit when you travel. 


I love the pointed tip, squeezing out the product from the tube is not messy, you can easily control the product coming out if you need just a little to use as a concealer.


••PRODUCT CONSISTENCY & SHADE••


It is thick and didn't run down at the back of my hand. 


I have a yellow undertoned skin so the shade that I got matches me perfectly. I am NC20 on Mac studio fix fluid for shade reference.

There are 12 shades available on  Jordana's website, but if you are from the Phils. shades available here are limited only. 

It has faint scent of coconut oil. I'm not sure, I'm bad at describing scents haha! Anyway I can't barely smell it while applying the foundation.

••APPLICATION••



Clean bare face, no toner and moisturizer, but I did put primer (Baby skin pore eraser) on the right side of my face. I have combination skin and I have acne scars and dark under eyes.



I have tried applying it with my fingers, a flat top synthetic brush and a damp makeup sponge. Using a makeup sponge has the best finish. Coverage is medium but you can build it up, I find it difficult to blend and layer using my fingers because sets very quick. Finish is semi-matte. Light weight and not sticky.

After second layer I concealed my under eye area and added more coverage to my acne scars using the same foundation. The shade that I got fits my skintone perfectly. 

The foundation creased on my eyelids and under eye area after few minutes of application.

The setting powder I used is the Essence All About Matte Powder.

Finished look on natural lighting.

Finished look on artifcial lighting.

Took a photo with flash and there is no white cast.
Aftet 6 hours...I did a 1 hour work out with this makeup on and I was really sweating so hard during that 1 hour. I'm impressed that I can still see my blush, contour and highlight on and also everything that I put over the foundation stayed in place. The problem is that it was cakey up close, but it was not that cakey on the side that has primer. The foundation on my nose and the sides of my nostrils faded. My t-zone became oily after 5 hours. The fact that I had this makeup on while working out and it stayed in place was amazing! 


I used blotting paper to remove excess oil. The whole blotting sheet got oil in it.


••FINAL THOUGHTS••

PROS:
✔️ Pointed tip, easy to use for dispensing small amount of product for concealing
✔️ Yellow undertone
✔️ Medium buildable coverage
✔️ Not sticky, comfortable to wear through out the day
✔️ Semi-matte finish
✔️ Lasting power is good, 6-8 hours if set properly
✔️ Affordable
✔️ Multi-tasking makeup
✔️ Easy to blend

CONS:
✔️ Has a tendency to be cakey if not primed, set and blended properly

First thing I noticed when I got it was the shade was too yellow, but it turned out to be a perfect match for me, thumbs up for that!

Because the product is thick I suggest you use a makeup sponge when applying to thin out the product and slowly build it up to avoid a cakey foundation at the end of the day. 

Prepping up your skin properly and use a pore minimizing primer helps this foundation to not look cakey and avoid emphasizing pores.

What I use with Jordana Conplete Cover, it worked well together :)



So there you go! That is what I think about this foundation, I hope it helps! 
Please do subcribe here on my blog for more reviews and swatches! Thank you! 
-Luna







Comments